Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday Talkback: Oscar nominations

Oscar nominations will likely have been announced by the time most of you get around to reading this, so let's get some reactions.  What surprised you the most?  Which film deserved to be nominated but wasn't?  Which nominations were the most richly deserved?

And perhaps most importantly of all - how many of the nominated films have you seen? I still have way too many front-runners to see.

Have seen:
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
The Descendants
Drive
Moneyball

Haven't seen (among many others):
Midnight in Paris
The Artist
Hugo
My Week With Marilyn
Young Adult
The Help
War Horse

For whatever reason, this isn't a year where I've been compelled to check out most of the front-runners. Anyone else feel that way?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I have not been compelled to see many of the front-runners, or many of the films in theaters in 2011.

    The list of films I have not seen is long. That hasn't been the case in years when I'm usually up-to-speed with all of the nominees.

    Of the films above, I've only seen Midnight in Paris, Drive and Moneyball. Feeling pathetic about that. Might need to do some catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caught "Midnight in Paris" on iTunes a few weeks ago with my wife. It's a really fun movie, and the most entertaining Woody Allen film I've watched in years.

    ReplyDelete